Account Director, New Business Development
REPORTS TO: VP, Digital Innovation & Business Development
LOCATION: 15 Benton Road, Toronto, Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm
St. Joseph Communications, Content Group is one of the largest omnichannel content providers in North America providing strategy, planning, packaging, digital, social, DOOH, video and photography. Winner of over 50 major achievement awards, our clients include automotive, retail, financial, Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), restaurants, technology and telecommunications.
The Account Director, New Business Development possesses an extraordinary ability to build relationships with prospective clients and strives to make every customer experience a positive one. They instill confidence with their industry knowledge, strategic acumen and ability to see opportunities, motivate and inspire. Above all they have a tireless desire to do great work, are enthusiastic, forward thinking and propose solutions. This role is suited for individuals who have previous business development experience in a marketing communications or marketing agency environment.
The candidate must be creative, have strong relationship building skills and excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate will take a strategic consulting approach by using professional presentation skills to grow the business and persuasive negotiation skills to close the deal.
- Works closely with Vice President, Digital Innovation & Business Development in order to identify prospective clients through analysis of marketplace insights and a deep understanding of the industry and its challenges and opportunities.
- Identify, develop and sustain high-level, client relationships that promote the agency and provides the greatest opportunities for our breadth of services.
- Networking and participating in activities organized by associations, as well as attending conferences, conventions, and other events.
- Works closely with internal teams to match services with client needs and requests.
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Create detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process that is largely dictated by the prospective customer;
- Respond to all client inquiries in a timely manner, ensuring that all communication is highly effective and goal orientated;
- Analyze data resulting insights to support category growth for acounts within the customer portfolio;
- Thought-leadership and keeping the client abreast and educated around emerging trends, technology and regulations.
- Direct sales experience in a digital agency setting
- A comprehensive understanding of client business goals, strategic initiatives and the ability to develop strategic deliverables that represent the client’s needs
- Strong understanding of interactive marketing and e-commerce business strategies
- The ability to actively manage relationships with prospective clients from initial conversation though the close
- A successful track record of building a new business pipeline with accurate forecasting
- Strong understanding of LinkedIn for prospecting and familiarity using marketing automation tools (Hubspot, Salesforce)
- A solid online network
- 5+ years’ experience in a digital agency
- BA/BS degree in related field
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from strategy to close
- Have polished presentation, communication and listening skills
- Passion for digital and desire to keep up with the latest digital trends
- Experience creating written business development proposals and marketing materials
- A valid drivers license, owns a vehicle and has the ability to travel
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Please inform Human Resources, should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process. St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Account Director, New Business Development" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.