Sales Executive – Ottawa
DIVISION: St. Joseph Communications, Print Group
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
Printing is now so much more than putting ink on a page. After five decades in the industry, we’ve come to believe that it’s partly a technology solution and partly an art form. Knowing how to make an impact — at the right price and on schedule — takes finesse and years of skill. St. Joseph Print brings that kind of expertise across all segments of our economy and to all levels of North America’s businesses including governments, institutions (educational, financial and health), corporations and enterprises.
With expertise in commercial printing, value-added marketing, warehousing and distribution, on-demand printing, print to mail and managed services, we are currently seeking an entrepreneurial Account Executive who has a passion to consistently achieve and exceed monthly / annual targets through the acquisition and growth of major enterprise accounts. This role will be accountable for establishing and building strong client relationships while developing integrated sales strategies, conducting sales presentations, selling full scope contractual communication programs and negotiating contracts.
- “Driving” new business development by successfully negotiating profitable long term contractual relationships;
- Leading prospect identification, including the ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with senior level executives;
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an enterprise-wide account strategy for any assigned verticals, including prospect identification to qualify new business and build an active, potential target client list for the purpose of improving profitability on accounts and continually increase sales revenue on a yearly basis
- Taking ownership of assigned accounts throughout the complete manufacturing process, maintaining a high level of service, responding promptly to requests for quotation, delivery and after-sale service, and introducing new products where possible;
- Preparing and conducting in-person and virtual sales presentations to both small and large groups;
- Working directly with the Proposal Manager to produce Request for Proposal (RFP) responses as well as the creation of strategic content, as required;
- Defining and structuring specific programs with customers (i.e. negotiation and formalization of applicable contracts);
- Collaborating with operations to build requirements and help facilitate the development of appropriate workflow by establishing pre / post production meetings as needed;
- Monitoring customer and company contract performance and proactively adjust service levels as needed;
- Participating in the development of sales strategies for key accounts by understanding trends, key business issues, challenges and opportunities within designated account base and monitoring competitor activity in each account;
To be successful in this role, you can demonstrate your strategic selling ability through a proven track record of successfully setting / exceeding goals and by selling large, national and / or strategic accounts. With a minimum of three (3) years of successful sales experience combined with a post-secondary degree (or can demonstrate an equivalent combination of education / experience), you are an excellent negotiator and problem solver. You have excellent English communication skills (oral, written and reading – French communication skills considered an asset) combined with a proven ability to articulate theoretical and conceptual business models to all levels of management.
You are able to demonstrate a strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and are self sufficient in developing your own proposals / presentations. You have a valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and are able to attain / maintain a security clearance through Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). As a highly organized, courteous and professional team player with an ability to work independently and with minimal supervision, you are flexible to work hours outside the normal work schedule to best support client needs. Key requirements of the position include an ability to demonstrate a strong work ethic (reliability and dependability), customer service orientation and relationship building skills, combined with an ability to influence people. Having a proven understanding of print industry technology and / or preferred technology product offerings
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources.
We offer a competitive compensation plan (base salary, benefits, vacation and personal days) with an unlimited commission opportunity. Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 613.740.3191 referencing 34125Aug15. No telephone calls, please.