Digital Sales and Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Strategic Development
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Content Labs
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
STATUS: Full time, Permanent
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Development, with dotted lines to the heads of sales for our business units, the selected candidate will oversee a team of two coordinators and collaborate regularly with product and operations teams across the organization. You will be the go-to person and internal leader in digital marketing services, ensuring Strategic Content Labs and St. Joseph Media is offering best-in-class opportunities to our clients as we evolve our industry-leading businesses.
Strategic Content Labs is the in-house agency at St. Joseph Media, providing strategic direction, custom content, digital products and content management solutions for some of the world’s leading brands and institutions.
- Product management and pricing strategy for all digital products, including display, social media and native integrations on our owned digital channels
- Digital display advertising operations
- Management of our DFP for Small Business product, working with digital product team
- Management of yield optimization
- Management, strategy and optimization of programmatic strategy and ad network relationships
- Working with business units, strategy and policy of social media sales opportunities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), and managing and overseeing execution of those opportunities
- Relationships with revenue-generating third-party providers such as, Taboola and Outbrain
- Manage/Triage internal digital ad bottlenecks, assisting with backlogs, helping get approvals, assets, resources, deployment, etc.
- Support management through reporting team capacity, overall media delivery, ad unit audits, information flow and organizational planning
- Determine prioritization and assign team members effectively to complete tasks in a high quality and timely manner
- Develop and maintain a client-facing pre- and post-campaign reporting regime with supporting documentation and process templates (pre and post campaign analytics)
- Be an expert of our ad server’s capabilities, reporting metrics and future enhancements
- Identify technical requirements to ensure all product solutions meet sales, finance and clients’ desired level of excellence, have internal and client postmortem, so we can improve work/reports/KPIs
- Provide insight when choosing new technology systems and provide feedback and schedules for implementation
- Communication of critical information between departments (new tools, new products, campaign status, delivery concerns, inventory concerns)
- Test and evaluate new types of ad products before they are made available to sell.
- Meet and coordinate with third party vendors as required
- Provide Quality Assurance support for all ad products during product launches or updates
- New strategic digital products launched in market
- Digital revenue targets
- Digital operational efficiency
- Digital vendors — impact and operational efficiency
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience working in a digital agency or media environment
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Experience working with clients on web-based projects
- Experience with CRM, and other database related software
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Have enthusiasm when accepting direction and deliver on expectations while juggling multiple projects
- Possess the ability to work efficiently and positively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Possess the ability to work independently and as part of a team
St. Joseph Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Digital Sales and Operations Manager" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.