Director of Sales, Print – Ottawa
Reports To: VP& GM, St. Joseph Print Group, Ottawa
Printing is now so much more than putting ink on a page. After five decades in the industry, we’ve come to believe that it’s partly a technology solution and partly an art form. Knowing how to make an impact — at the right price and on schedule — takes finesse and years of skill. St. Joseph Print brings that kind of expertise across all segments of our economy and to all levels of North America’s businesses including governments, institutions (educational, financial and health), corporations and enterprises.
With expertise in commercial printing, value-added marketing, warehousing and distribution, on-demand printing, print to mail and managed services, we are currently seeking an entrepreneurial Sales Director who has a passion to lead and to consistently achieve and exceed monthly / annual targets through the acquisition and growth of major enterprise accounts. This role will be accountable for managing a team of Account Executives, establishing and building strong client relationships while developing integrated sales strategies, conducting sales presentations, selling full scope contractual communication programs and negotiating contracts.
To be successful in this role, you can demonstrate your strategic selling ability through a proven track record of successfully setting/exceeding goals and by selling large, national and/or strategic accounts.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide leadership and coaching to sales associates to continuously achieve sales revenue targets and maximize business building opportunities and other related revenue goals
- Manage accounts of existing specific and future clients
- Lead business development initiatives to grow digital and other areas of St Joseph business
- Partner with management team to create and implement sales and marketing plan and sales strategic vision
- Address and resolve production/client issues on an ongoing basis
- Negotiate and execute customer agreements on behalf of the Company
- Monitor, manage and report on the sales metrics on a weekly and monthly basis and adjust the business as required to meet objectives
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Recommend sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitive analysis
- Collaborate with management team and manufacturing to facilitate the best possible service, workflow and communication to customers
- Set sales targets and accurately forecast annual, quarterly and monthly revenues
- Evaluate success of sales programs and implement changes to ensure goals are achieved
- Monitor and respond to changes in the competitive landscape
- Responsible for analyzing and providing direction based on market trends, key industry issues, challenges and opportunities and customer buying patterns
- Initiate process improvement discussions and establish/ communicate solutions
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Works within and adheres to all St. Joseph Health and Safety Operating Standards, including Management Responsibilities.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum five years sales experience preferably in a print environment that includes business development, marketing and client sales experience
- University degree in a related discipline preferred – sales, marketing, business development
- Must have strong marketing, analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills
- Proven experience creating a successful sales team/function
- Demonstrated excellence in managing teams providing service excellence for customer interactions
- Bottom line oriented, budget conscious, and metric/measurement driven
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure and adapt to changing business requirements
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Director, Sales" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.