Operator, Print & Finishing
STATUS: Monday to Friday – Day Shift
LOCATION: Mississauga, Ontario
As one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, St. Joseph Communications’ Print Group is a leading national provider of managed service, direct mail, transactional documents, and online solutions. We have print facilities nationwide serving clients in both the private and public sectors. We are constantly striving to exceed our customers’ expectations. It is this commitment to continuous improvement that has been a cornerstone of our success, allowing us to build, grow and maintain long-term valued customer partnerships.
We are seeking to recruit several candidates in the Mississauga area to assist several sites that require additional assistance with work overflow. These candidates must be willing to work several days per week and be able to work at different client sites within the Mississauga area.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: SECRET
Please note that there will be reliability and security clearance checks for every candidate who does not have the Secret Security Clearance.
- Operates all production equipment relating to printing/mail inserting/binding in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensures that production and quality standards are met according to client and company expectations
- Manipulates digital files with the appropriate software as required
- Greets, interacts and serves clients in a respectful and knowledgeable manner
- Works towards established priorities according to delivery dates, present schedule and material requirements
- Controls inventory and completes administrative tasks as assigned
- Completes and submits production reports as required
- Ensures all equipment and work site is maintained as required
- Fully understand and clarify all customer requests in order to effectively meet and exceed requirements/expectations;
- Observes all company policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement in service quality and maintain cost effectiveness
- Discuss client requirements in a consultative manner and provide alternatives and options;
- Receive customer orders; Assist with electronic invoicing and order entry;
- Can sort and deliver mail within the site
- Reception relief an asset
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker.
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required
- Minimum 1 year experience in digital printing, bindery and copying. Previous experience in a Quick-Copy, Print-on-Demand facility with a good understanding of print applications ie wide format printing and production requirements is preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills and communication (oral and written) abilities;
- Exceptional customer skills with a commitment to client excellence required;
- Strong attention to detail coupled with effective organizational and multi-tasking skills;
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Operator, Print & Finishing" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.