Perfect Binder Operator
DIVISION: St. Joseph Communications, Print Group
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Finishing
LOCATION: 50 MacIntosh Blvd., Concord, Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: Midnight Shift
This position is responsible for the operation, setup, care and general maintenance of perfect binder equipment.
- Set-up & maintain production on perfect binder line
- Maintain all equipment in good running condition & report any maintenance or mechanical problems immediately so that appropriate action can be taken
- Be proactive in area of preventative maintenance
- Working knowledge of Scitex/ Prism inkjet systems
- Follow all ISO guidelines & procedures as they pertain to the SJP Quality Manual
- Maintain highest level of housekeeping & organization in department
- Promote excellent working relationships
- Ensure that his/her workstation is kept safe, neat and clean at all times.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker.
- Refrain from removing or disabling any protective device.
- Only operate equipment on which they have been trained and authorized.
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training
- Works within and adheres to all St. Joseph Health and Safety Operating Standards, including Operating Standard HS-010 Associate/Supplied Labour/Temporary Associate Responsibilities.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
- High school diploma or equivalent coupled with a minimum 1 year experience in a mailroom;
- Strong customer focus with professional manner both in person and over the phone;
- Must be able to clear a Visa Security Check
- Familiar with office and mailroom equipment including copiers, postage meters, etc.;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Outlook;
- Excellent organization and communication skills;
- Strong team player;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Solid multitasking skills and ability to meet deliverables
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Perfect Binder Operator" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.