Photo Editor, FASHION Magazine
DEPARTMENT: FASHION magazine
REPORTS TO: Creative Director, FASHION
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
STATUS: Full time
St. Joseph Media is Canada’s third largest magazine publisher with brands including award-winning titles such as Toronto Life, Torontolife.com, FASHION, fashionmagazine.com, WeddingBells, weddingbells.ca, Canadianfamily.ca, Mariage Quebec, WHERE Canada magazines, Quill & Quire and quillandquire.com.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Photo Editor to join our FASHION team.
- Manage incoming photography/video for monthly magazines — all platforms: print, digital and social
- Photo research for monthly magazines — all platforms: print, digital and social
- Brainstorm cover and features art on a weekly basis with art and editorial teams
- Manage/quality control and prepare imagery for magazine
- Occasional retouching/preparing images for print
- Markup all retouching to be outsourced
- Hire and manage art assistant/intern
- Oversee budget/invoices for the art department
- Responsible for producing photo shoots and cobranded collaborations with advertising partners
- Work with booking agencies and PR to negotiate terms/rates for artists, locations and photographers
- Hire and direct videographers and editors as needed
- Film video content for social media and live cover shoots
- Manage scheduling with in house studio
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience working in publishing/media agency
- Thorough knowledge of stock sites and agency sites, and general photo research
- Experienced working with a budget/invoices
- Strong interest in fashion, beauty and pop culture
- Has a pool of photographers they like to work with that could potentially fit the brand
- Strong attention to detail and the capability to perform multiple tasks within a fast-paced collaborative editorial environment
- Video editing skills and social media expertise an asset but not mandatory
- Please come prepared with portfolio and tears of previous work
St. Joseph Media is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates please forward your resume and portfolio to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com
Please quote "Photo Editor" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.