Programmer/Designer – Doc1/Engage One 2
REPORTS TO: Variable Imaging Manager
LOCATION: Concord, Ontario or Ottawa, Ontario
STATUS: Full time
Seeking a dynamic candidate for a new exciting role within our Variable Imaging Team. If you are an experienced programmer/designer with a passion for technology and thrive on challenges, you will enjoy working for one of the leading printing companies located in Canada.
Reporting to the Variable Imaging Manager, the Doc1/Engage One Programmer/Designer will work with the programming team to analyze document requirements (specifications, business rules), code and design variable data print (VDP) solutions required for print and web. This candidate will primarily be responsible for writing programs that manipulate raw data and use document composition to merge the data with variable graphic design.
The DOC1/Engage One Programmer/Designer will compose variable data documents using DOC1/Engage One by Pitney Bowes.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Compose variable data documents using DOC1 Engage One by Pitney Bowes.
- Review andanalyse client requirements and specifications, provide estimates and timelines, code and design the variable data document required for print and web. Data manipulation may also be required. Writing supporting programs for various aspects of the workflow or automation may also be required.
- Use post composition editors (PCE, Streamweaver) where required to manipulate output files. E.g. adding OMR (optical mark recognition)
- Documentation of business rules and workflow
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Proficient with Doc1 or Engage One by Pitney Bowes
- Proficient with PCE (Post Composition Editor) or Streamweaver by Pitney Bowes
- Experience with output data streams (Postscript, PDF, AFP, IJPDS, etc.
- Operating Environment: MS Windows, DOS
- Databases/Languages: FoxPro, SQL, Access, Excel (other languages/database tools) is an asset
- Prior working experience in the printing industry with direct mail or financial print is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment
and selection process please inform Human Resources.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Programmer/Designer " in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.