REPORTS TO: Manager, E-Studio
LOCATION: 236 Lesmill Road, Toronto, ON
STATUS: Full-Time – 3:00 pm – 11:00 pm (afternoon shift)
To help ensure the on-time delivery of media pages are correct and adhere to the quality standards and requirements of both internal and external clients.
- Proofread all pages moving through the quality checking process and ensure that page assembly operators have implemented corrections
- Check for obvious errors and ensure that all pages adhere to style guidelines
- Compare images to related copy blocks on the printed page to ensure that they are consistent and correspond to one another
- Compare all final PDF files from the imaging department to the final corrected pages submitted from the proofreading department to ensure that they match and no images or copy have gone missing
- Populate retail flyer pages with copy and price information using Adobe InDesign
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an English or related program or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar capacity (preferably retail-oriented proofreading)
- Strong working knowledge of Mac OSX operating system
- Good working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, accurate, efficient and organized
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Project-driven: is willing to see projects through to the end without leaving things half-complete
- Problem solver: identifies problems and comes up with potential solutions
- Quality focused: takes pride in a job well done
- Innovative, Respectful, Passionate, Customer-Focused, Proactive, Accountable
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Please inform Human Resources, should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process. St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Proofreader" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.