Receiver (6-month contract)
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Receiving
LOCATION: Concord, Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: Day Shift (Monday to Friday) – 40 hours
This position is responsible for ensuring all presses receive paper at the required time, all waste paper bins are continuously emptied and replaced in the production area and ensuring all shipments are properly prepared and documented to ensure on-time delivery to the customer.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure all shipments are accurately received and thoroughly inspected
- Verify that all containers and carrier vehicles are unloaded and checked against the carrier’s manifest and packing slip, making certain that the full consignment has been delivered
- Process proper documentation for all damaged shipments received
- Ensure shipments are dispatched to proper department
- Continually monitor and stock presses to ensure an uninterrupted production flow
- Communicate all current job related matters to lead hand/supervisor/manager
- Maintain safety standards, ISO and housekeeping at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Grade 12, high school education preferred
- Must hold a valid forklift operator license, clamp experience an asset
- Good oral, reading and written communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Computer skills needed
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work overtime as needed on Saturdays
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Receiver" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communication is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.