Receiver/Baler Operator 2
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Receiving
LOCATION: 50 Macintosh Blvd, Concord Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: Day Shift (Monday to Friday)
This position is responsible for ensuring all presses receive paper at the required time, all waste paper bins are continuously emptied and replaced in the production area and ensuring all shipments are properly prepared and documented to ensure on-time delivery to the customer. This position is also a back up for the baler operator in ensuring all waste paper bins are continuously emptied and replaced in production areas.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure all shipments are accurately received and thoroughly inspected
- Verify that all containers and carrier vehicles are unloaded and checked against the carrier’s manifest and packing slip, making certain that the full consignment has been delivered
- Process proper documentation for all damaged shipments received
- Ensure shipments are dispatched to proper department
- Continually monitor and stock presses to ensure an uninterrupted production flow
- Communicate all current job related matters to lead hand/supervisor/manager
- Maintain safety standards, ISO and housekeeping at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager
Baling ( back up support)
- Ensure that all full paper bins are replaced with empty bins at each production station
- Operate forklift to transport full bins to Baler department for shipping out for shredding
- Ensure that the baler system is running efficiently
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Grade 12, high school education preferred
- Must hold a valid forklift operator license, clamp experience an asset
- Good oral, reading and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work overtime as needed on Saturdays
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com
Please quote "Receiver/Baler" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.