Senior Accountant (Contract Maternity Leave Replacement)
REPORTS TO: Controller
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto
STATUS: Full-Time, 1 year contract
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 16, 2017
St. Joseph Media is Canada’s third largest magazine publisher with brands including award-winning titles such as Toronto Life, Torontolife.com, FASHION, fashionmagazine.com, WeddingBells, weddingbells.ca, Canadianfamily.ca, Mariage Quebec, WHERE Canada magazines, Quill & Quire and quillandquire.com.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented accountant with strong analytical and problem solving skills. In this role, the goal is to provide timely, accurate financial reporting and analysis for use in planning, reporting and operational management decision making. Our candidate knows how to develop and update financial reports and business models, collect data/statistics, investigate and analyze variances.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly financial statements for Toronto Life Publishing Company, Digital Group, Custom Publishing and Strategic Content Labs (SCL).
- Verify SCL projects to ensure accurate revenue reporting, profit margins, and expenses are recognized.
- General accounting duties including preparing journal entries, reviewing accounts payable, and other general accounting functions.
- Maintain general ledgers for multiple divisions including reconciliation of all related balance sheet accounts. Verify and approve accuracy of expense coding to general ledger and prepare necessary adjusting entries as needed.
- Preparation and analysis of the weekly revenue report for Senior Management.
- Support and participate in the annual budgeting process, quarterly forecasting exercise, and management reporting as required for related departments. Provide ad hoc analysis as requested by senior management and other operating personnel.
- Assist Controller with monthly operating reporting package, various financial reports and other analytical uses.
- On an annual basis, prepare working papers required for audit purposes for related divisions. Assist with providing support to auditors as requested. Ensure all industry/government related applications and reports are completed (e.g. CPF, Statistics Canada) for related divisions.
- Continued communication and financial analysis support to senior management. Special analytical projects to be assigned on an ongoing basis.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Work successfully with multi-functional teams and prior experience as a finance business partner
- 5 to 7 years of experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work to multiple, tight deadlines
- Accounting designation attained or in progress
- Strong analytical, financial accounting and reporting skills
St. Joseph Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates please forward your resume and portfolio to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Senior Accountant" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.