Software Developer (NC 2174) Helion Cloud Services
DIVISION: St. Joseph Communications, Print Group
REPORTS TO: Manager, Programming and Information Technology
LOCATION: Ottawa, Ontario
STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
HOURS OF WORK: 37.50 to 40 hrs per week
BENEFITS: Group Insurance Benefits – Life Insurance, Disability, Health & Dental, Other Benefits
Canada’s largest privately owned and operated communications, marketing and printing company is seeking a Software Developer to become our technical lead for our public print network and its surrounding products and services.
At ePRINTit we have one of the largest public print networks, and our development team works hard on making our client side scalable, approachable, and an exceptional experience for hundreds of thousands of users. The ePRINTit Development Team is working not only on improving the company’s product, but also on increasing their caliber over time. This is a long term vision founded on a number of practices — from encouraging individual autonomy, to congratulating team members when they’ve done a great job.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Writing scalable and maintainable Web Services supporting mobile applications
- Web services development (RESTful services) using C#, Java, Python and Node.js
- Building applications that are responsive, modern, and accessible
- A passion for learning the latest technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Collaborating with other disciplines to help develop back end solutions and educate about relevant skills
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Opportunities to learn full stack and front/back end development
- Design and implement work using C#, C++, Objective-C, MySQL, SQL Server, MSMQ and IIS for the HP ePrint Enterprise system
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required
- Must have Computer Science degree
- Must have 10+ years of professional experience
- Good English verbal, written an communication English skills
- Be able to work with Java, MySQL and Apache/Tomcat Servers within Microsoft Azure’s cloud service
- Must be knowledgeable in Linux command line scripting
- Must have working knowledge with HP Helion cloud services and tools
- Must have working knowledge of HP ePrint Enterprise print drivers (MS Universal Printer Driver and XPS based) using C++
- Migrating web services and server images from Amazon web services to Microsoft Azure
- HP ePrint Enterprise IPP – Internet Printing Protocol service implementation using C#
- Must be able to oss-discipline environment to produce ideas and prototype early concepts
- MCPD – Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
- Azure developer tools or integrating front end into an azure cloud service an asset
- Experimenting, educating on, or scaling new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community
- Must have involvement in the development or design communities
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com
Please quote "Software Developer (NC 2174)" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Only applicants with Helion Cloud Services will be considered.