Vice President Sales, Toronto Print Campus
LOCATION: Concord, Ontario
St. Joseph Communications is one of Canada’s largest privately held print and information organizations, featuring one of the largest print campuses in Canada, two of Canada’s largest content creation facilities and a customer list that includes some of North America’s largest retailers, publishers, financial institutions and government agencies. St. Joseph Communications employs approximately 1,200 associates located in 30 locations nationwide and has been recognized as a platinum club member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
St. Joseph Communications’ Print Group is currently seeking a Vice President, Sales. This executive position is responsible for building, developing and managing the sales team to execute the sales plan and achieve and exceed established goals and revenue objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manages the sales staff by providing direction, coaching and development of staff to achieve sales revenue target and maximize business opportunities and other related revenue goals
- Addresses and resolves production/client issues on an ongoing basis
- Negotiates and executes customer agreements on behalf of the Company in collaboration with the EVP Sales & Marketing
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Partners with management team to create and implement sales and marketing plan and sales strategic vision
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitive analysis
- Collaborates with management team and manufacturing to facilitate the best possible service, workflow and communication to customers
- Sets sales targets and accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenues on a weekly basis
- Evaluates success of sales programs and implements changes to ensure goals are achieved
- Monitors and responds to changes in the competitive landscape
- Responsible for analyzing and providing direction based on market trends, key industry issues, challenges and opportunities and customer buying patterns
- Monitors, manages and reports on the sales metrics on a weekly and monthly basis and adjusts the business as required to meet objectives
- Initiates process improvement discussions and establishes/communicates solutions.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum five years sales experience preferably in a print environment that includes business development, marketing and client sales experience
- Must have strong marketing, analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills
- Proven experience creating a successful sales team/function
- Demonstrated excellence in managing teams providing service excellence for customer interactions
- Bottom line oriented, budget conscious, and metric/measurement driven
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills at both a strategic and functional level
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure and adapt to changing business requirements
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "VP Sales" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.