St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC Content in the role of Account Director!
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Develop and sustain high-level, client relationships that promote our services and provide the greatest opportunities to grow sales by promoting our breadth of services.
- Work closely with internal teams to match services with client needs and requests.
- Respond to all client inquiries in a timely manner, ensuring that all communication is highly effective and goal orientated.
- Create detailed proposal documents.
- Develop marketplace insights and a deep understanding of the industry and its challenges and opportunities, to keep clients abreast and educated on emerging trends, technology and regulations.
- Attend conferences, conventions, and other events as required.
And a bit about yourself?
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in sales in the digital and marketing services industry with a proven track record in growing sales.
- Digital signage experience is desired.
- Post-secondary level education in marketing or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an agency environment is strongly desired.
- Strong Presentation skills – able to present strategic and creative concepts to clients at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities – able to prepare a creative brief and clear, concise business documents.
- Possess superior time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Detail orientated, self-motivated, flexible and able to work with independently with little supervision.
- Experience working in or with an agency.
- A comprehensive understanding of client business goals, strategic initiatives and the ability to develop strategic deliverables that represent the client’s needs.
- Strong understanding of interactive marketing and e-commerce business strategies.
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award peer-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.