REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
DEPARTMENT: Finance Shared Services
STATUS: Full-Time – 3-month contract
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Accounting Analyst!
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Assist in the transition to a new financial system
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Journal entries and other accounting allocations
- Reports and other calculations for multiple divisions
- Assist with financial statements and operating budgets
- Support for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Data entry and Excel file updates
- Assist with daily accounting tasks as assigned
A bit about who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, certificate in accounting, or working towards an accounting designation
- 2 years’ experience in an accounts payable or accounts receivable role an asset
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with database software an asset
- Ability to work with others as a team and independently, self-starter
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and a high degree of accuracy
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk program
- Magazine Subscription program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development opportunities
- Scholarship program
- Chairman’s Award employee-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.