REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Audience Data and Measurement
DEPARTMENT: Audience Development – Digital Leadership
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC in the role of Analyst/Implementation Specialist!
We are looking for an analytics specialist who will be responsible for deploying and maintaining data processes across St. Joseph Communications. You will work across the organization, creating and maintaining the framework that allows St. Joseph Communications to understand audiences across its digital properties. You are a creative thinker with a passion for data. You’re comfortable with complexity, but adept at translating the information to the common folk. You’re flexible in your approach and enjoy the challenge of solving a problem.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Work with the product and IT teams to ensure best in class data collection on St. Joseph properties.
- Website Analytics
- Maintain and improve Google Tag Manager for all our websites and content on platforms such as AMP
- Implement Bug Fixes as they arise
- Update tagging as new features come online
- Help in developing a strategic roadmap for analytics and measurement on SJC digital properties
- Work with QA team to ensure that analytics are accurate at launch
- Design and develop data automation processes to connect disparate data sources across the organization
- Develop solutions for ad-hoc requirements of the Audience team.
- Work in a cross-function environment with various technical and business stakeholders to scope and establish a web analytics implementation for new and existing initiatives (from concept to execution of tracking features)
- Participate in clients’ QA and deployment processes
- Provide support to end users, providing Google implementation training or custom solution design as needed.
- Assist business stakeholders to increase and improve their usage of Google Analytics data (including via BI dashboards)
- Identify potential gaps or opportunities in digital data analytics strategy.
- Provide interpretation guidance to aid decision making by business leaders. Proactively inform teams with relevant insight that can be put to operational use quickly and direct internal efforts
- Act as a champion for brainstorming new ideas to create insights out of raw data in a quick and efficient manner
And a bit about who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience
- Proficient in Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager implementation
- Exposure to web diagnostic tools like Charles proxy, HTTPWatch or Firebug
- Proficiency in Python and ability to scrape web pages, building API queries and automating data workflows would be a definite asset
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform is a plus
- A good eye for visualizing data
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award peer-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.