REPORTS TO: Creative Director, Lifestyle Content.
DEPARTMENT: Editorial Lifestyle
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Art Director, Today’s Parent and FLARE!
Want to know a bit about your new career?
The SJC Lifestyle department is looking for an experienced, creative and multi-faceted print and digital Art Director to lead the creation of impactful visuals for Today’s Parent (print + digital) and Flare (digital only). The ideal candidate must be able to handle a number of projects at once, and work well under tight deadlines, maintaining high standards from creative concept to final execution. A self-starter with excellent time management skills, a positive attitude, and passion for typography and design is a must.
In this role you will:
- Excel at working both independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Design editorial layouts for print as well as design elements for digital, including occasional long-form digital design, liaising with editors on concepts
- Art direct photo shoots, including food and fashion photography
- Commission illustration as needed
- Mark up and work closely with DGS to make sure all images are retouched to a high standard
A bit about who we are looking for:
- 5+ years of art directing experience
- 8+ years professional graphic design experience
- Wide network of creative contacts
- Ability to see and understand the Creative Director’s aesthetic
- Proficiency in CS6, K4 (Woodwing a plus)
- A portfolio that exhibits a fresh, contemporary and sophisticated design sensibility and meticulous attention to detail
- Should possess an interest and passion for Today’s Parent and Flare content areas
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk program
- Magazine Subscription program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development opportunities
- Scholarship program
- Chairman’s Award employee-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com .
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.