Location: 1 Mount Pleasant Road, Toronto, ON
Status: Full time
Chatelaine, Canada’s leading women’s media brand, is hiring an assistant editor to join us in our mission to help Canadian women lead more empowered lives by providing inspired solutions, thoughtful conversation and a sense of community.
The ideal candidate will have a knack for collaboration and out-of-the-box thinking, a thorough understanding and appreciation for our smart, engaged, multitude-containing audience, and a commitment to creating clever content that never panders across our print, digital and social platforms. You know that women can be just as interested in Canadian politics and the U.S. college admissions scandal as they are in finding the perfect pair of jeans or absolute best apple crisp recipe, and you want to assist her in navigating all of these topics—and more.
The assistant editor will be responsible for the following:
- Pitching, writing, editing, building and/or refreshing content for print and digital
- Staying abreast of current events as well as food- and pop culture-related topics that interest our readers, pitching POV or explainer content as appropriate
- Working with audience development to identify SEO keywords and content gaps, and using those insights to create highly clickable content
- Providing support for the programming of our social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram)
- 1+ year of digital and/or print editorial experience, preferably at a consumer lifestyle publication
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Photoshop
- Ability to persevere—and thrive—in an ever-changing media landscape
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote “Assistant Editor, Chatelaine” in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.