REPORTS TO: Bindery Manager
LOCATION: 50 Macintosh Blvd, Concord Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: Afternoon Shift
This position is responsible for ensuring all waste paper bins are continuously emptied and replaced in the production area and ensuring all shipments are properly prepared and documented to ensure on-time delivery to the customer.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure that all full paper bins are replaced with empty bins at each production station
- Operate forklift to transport full bins to Baler department for shipping out for shredding
- Ensure that the baler system is running efficiently
- Ensure that his/her workstation is kept safe, neat and clean at all times.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker.
- Refrain from removing or disabling any protective device.
- Only operate equipment on which they have been trained and authorized.
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training
- Works within and adheres to all St. Joseph Health and Safety Operating Standards, including Operating Standard HS-010 Associate/Supplied Labour/Temporary Associate Responsibilities.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Grade 12, high school education preferred
- Must hold a valid forklift operator license
- Good oral, reading and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work overtime as needed on Saturdays
Please submit your résumé in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.