REPORTS TO: Editor-in-Chief
DEPARTMENT: FASHION Magazine
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
STATUS: Permanent Full-time
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) is the largest producer of magazines in Canada, with award-winning titles such as FASHION, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, Toronto Life, Weddingbells, Mariage Québec, Where Canada Group of Magazines, Ottawa Magazine, and Quill & Quire.
FASHION magazine is looking to hire a dynamic Beauty Director who will oversee all beauty content across all platforms. The ideal candidate will bring an intelligent, informed and engaging point-of-view to the coverage of beauty. The director should be adept at longer print features, as well as shorter posts for fashionmagazine.com. The position is based in Toronto and reports to the Editor-in-chief.
- Create content based on the overall strategy of FASHION magazine
- Create a content calendar for print working in consultation with the Editor-in-Chief
- Create an online content calendar working in consultation with the Digital Editor Director
- Pitch, write, assign and edit beauty features and FOB beauty briefs
- Create digital copy as needed
- Assign and handle freelance copy
- Work with the art department to create cross-platform content for social media channels like Instagram, Facebook and YouTube when needed
- Collaborate with the sales team on generating co-branded content
- Be a brand ambassador for FASHION by actively building networks in the beauty world
- Attend product launches, interview industry thought leaders, and attend press trips as required
- Participate in media interview requests. (TV etc)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least five years’ experience, ideally with a women’s beauty and fashion magazine
- Have a strong familiarity with key players in the beauty industry
- Have excellent story editing, writing, research and interview skills
- Be well versed in SEO and social media best practices, as well as metrics and analytics
- Stay current with shifts in digital and print content strategies
- Create content that is packaged creatively and is innovative
- Extremely well-organized, deadline oriented and a team player
All interested candidates please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
SJC Media is an equal opportunity employer.
SJC Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.