DEPARTMENT: Sales and Business Development
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
The Sales & Marketing Business Analyst will assist the Business Development and Account Management team in achieving their sales objectives. You must have a passion for analyzing sales data and be a cross functional collaborator that is organized and has strong time management skills. You will work closely with the team to help drive growth in our business. You will research and evaluate economic, competitor, market, industry and customer growth trends. This is a challenging role that will require you to learn and grow quickly. We are looking for an intermediate level candidate, who when faced with new challenges, will be ready to take them on.
- Build and help standardize business reporting for strategic analysis and internal business review.
- Lead and demonstrate sales reporting processes, build report and dashboard templates and update weekly, monthly and annually.
- Participate in the sales budget process, including trend analysis (client and product), and areas of opportunity.
- Create a data infrastructure (data pipelines, reports etc.) and other tools to support the analytics, sales and margin reporting.
- Analyze reports and identify key insights from sales and margin data, industry trends, client behaviour to support senior executives.
- Collaborate with the finance team on weekly forecasts, expected billings and reporting.
- Oversee an ongoing forecast vs budget of all sales, expected sales, quotes and future opportunities.
- Monitor sales service levels and communicate issues back to management.
- Attend internal meetings with sales, finance and operations to ensure they are always on track, providing the support they need and updating on any discrepancies or delays.
- Contribute and recommend pricing based on market, competition and profit.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team on RFPs and RFQs. Undertake risk assessment to inform the business of whether or not it should make a submission for a particular opportunity.
- Produce written proposals and presentations.
- Monitor daily/weekly operations capacity, understand the cause for operations capacity issues and evaluate the sales planning process with respect to the operational viewpoint.
- Provide assistance with customer relationship manager (CRM) tool.
- Develop quotas for the Sales team, evaluating their performance on the basis of this quota, forecasting, and budget.
- Complete a trend analysis of client revenue per product line.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
- Strong data analytical skills and experienced in working with large data sets, marcos and complex formulas.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products required, with excellent advanced Excel skills, ability to use Access and other financial tools.
- Proven ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment, successfully participate and lead the planning, managing and updating sales reports, budgets and trend reports.
- Self-starter who can create reporting standards and protocol.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, team player and able to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills including both verbal and written.
- Proficient with Scorecards and KPI reporting.
- Preferred CPA designation
Please submit your résumé in confidence to email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.