REPORTS TO: Manager, Variable Imaging & Composition
LOCATION: 50 Macintosh Blvd., Concord, Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The GMC PrintNet Document Composition Programmer will develop, test and implement reusable GMC PrintNet T WFD configurations that deliver variable direct marketing products that adhere to our clients’ brand, designs and instructions.
This position will work closely with Account Managers and Data Programmers to ensure the set-up accurately meets client requirements both in print and when previewed onscreen. The PrintNet Document Composition Programmer will also work with our print production teams and DM vendors to ensure optimal business rules and data integrity when the WFD file is used for imaging.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work from documented requirements to configure GMC PrintNet T WFD files including print-on-demand products and direct mail campaigns
- Have a detailed understanding of GMC prepress process, creating and modifying Job Configuration files and output modules to print on Xeikon, iGen and Xerox B&W printers (Docutech 180’s)
- Program all logic relating to layout and presentation
- Connect data and asset inputs to PrintNet workflows
- Set up complex, dynamic text flow layouts to accommodate a wide range of variability
- Work with laser department to ensure WFD files meet their needs for imaging
- Structure configurations logically for re-use and ability for others to understand
- Interact and interview users when researching specifications, designing, testing and training for assigned projects
- Perform independent project work on projects of the highest complexity
- Monitor and update project status and provide reliable and informative project information to end users
- Undertake multiple new and challenging assignments
- Ability to make practical suggestions for problem resolution using effective analysis techniques
- Identify application and program problems and suggest practical solutions
- Maintain safety standards, quality standards and housekeeping at all times
- Perform any other duties or functions as requested by Management
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Completion of University/college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training. A Degree or College Diploma in a Computer Discipline
- Computer and Technology Knowledge: Windows, Servers, Programming software, Database software, Database design, Data analysis, Software development.
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- 2+ years recent experience working with GMC PrintNet T current versions
- 5+ years working with variable direct mail data and imaging technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure a quality product that meets expectations and timing.
- Use effective time management skills & ability to meet deadlines without assistance
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new programming directions and standards
- Strong sense of quality assurance principles, understanding of potential process failure points and the ability to mitigate quality risks
- Strong understanding of version control and data integrity principles
- Understand structured programming, analysis and design techniques using standards
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word & MS Excel
- Working experience with digital printing, paper and offset printing
- Knowledge of Variable Digital Pre press production processes and procedures
- Understands the sensitivity of our customer’s data taking the appropriate steps to ensure confidentiality
- Adheres to internal standards ensuring projects are organized, documented and transferrable to their peers
- Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, attention to detail
- Must pass criminal and financial background check
Please submit your résumé in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.