REPORTS TO: Vice President, Finance Shared Services
DEPARTMENT: Finance Shared Services
St. Joseph Communications really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions for our clients.
We offer “Beyond Content” solutions such as integrated tactical marketing & content at SJC Content, printing & logistics at SJC Print’s various locations, and such media brands as Toronto Life, FASHION, Maclean’s, Flare, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, and HELLO! Canada along with Strategic Content Labs at SJC Media.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC in the role of Controller!
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will
- Manage and review the preparation of monthly financial statements and consolidated reporting ensuring accuracy and timely reporting of financial results.
- Directly supervise accounting staff, assist related areas as needed, recruit, coach and develop accounting staff.
- Support and partner with the divisional business leader
- Manage, assist and review the preparation of operating budgets and forecasts prepared at the divisional level, consolidation of divisional plans.
- Meet constant demands for financial and management information needs within the business working closely with accounting staff and operating business units to meet those requirements.
- Provide specific analysis on operational areas as requested by various managers.
- Ensure all industry/government related applications and reporting are completed (Grant Applications, Statistics Canada, Audits, etc.)
- Special projects as assigned.
A bit about who we are looking for:
- 10+ years of Finance experience; media/publishing industry experience an asset
- CPA designation
- Strong analytic, organization, and problem solving skills that allow for strategic decision making
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player with positive attitude
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk program
- Magazine Subscription program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development opportunities
- Scholarship program
- Chairman’s Award employee-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.