REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
LOCATION: 15 Benton Road, Toronto, Ontario
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
We are seeking a Senior Financial Executive to join our growing management team as Corporate Vice President, Finance. This newly created position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and oversee all corporate and divisional finance offices. This individual will be a strategic partner to the leadership team and business operations.
St. Joseph Communications is an entrepreneurial, privately owned enterprise. The collection of operating businesses includes Commercial Printing, Documents Management, Content Marketing and Media and employs over 1,000 employees.
The Corporate Vice President, Finance will be responsible for the strategic direction and successful execution of all fiscal functions of St. Joseph Communications business operations and establish a culture of financial accountability and governance. This executive position will continuously seek and execute new business and financial strategies that increase shareholder value.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Financial management of the consolidated group of businesses, including financial planning, budgeting & forecasting, accounting & financial reporting, corporate governance & compliance, procurement and management of audits, costs, cash flow, risk, contracts and real estate
- Oversight and management of divisional financial results
- Development and enforcement of business & financial policies, procedures and internal controls
- Present financial strategies and business results to shareholders, lenders, regulators and business partners
- Negotiate and manage all financing activities with institutional lenders
- Shareholder relations and tax planning
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of increasing shareholder value
- Hands-on leader with strong analytical skills and experience to interpret and execute non-linear strategic visions into an executable operational plans
- CPA designation
- 10+ years of financial leadership in mid to large diversified organizations
- Advanced knowledge of ASPE, GAAP and Income Tax concepts for family-owned Canadian Controlled Private Companies
- Advanced experience with and ability to negotiate complex debt financing structures
- Advanced experience within media, manufacturing and professional services industries
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources department at
Please quote “Corporate Vice President, Finance” in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.