REPORTS TO: Director, Digital Products
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Content Labs
STATUS: 3-month Full-time Temporary Role
Strategic Content Labs is St. Joseph Communications’ in-house content marketing studio and the digital team behind some of Canada’s most influential media brands, including Toronto Life, FASHION, Weddingbells and more.
We’re looking for a Digital Designer with one to three years of experience to work on both our external projects and in-house brands.
Who You Are
You are a strategic thinker interested in developing strong, well thought-out design solutions. You have a passion for problem solving, demonstrate strong creative thinking and possess an acute eye for typography. You’re comfortable working independently and possess the presentation and communication skills required to collaborate with other designers as well as product, sales, development and editorial teams. Good time management and the ability to handle multiple projects at any given time is a must.
- 1-3 years of experience
- A Bachelor’s degree, post-graduate program or College Diploma in design
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- High proficiency in Sketch
- Passion for problem solving
- Demonstrates strong strategic and creative thinking
- Strong typography skills
- Understanding of good UX/UI, in particular for websites
- Good time management and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Works well independently and collaboratively
Nice to Have
- Experience in print, specifically magazine or book design
- Understanding of CSS and HTML
- Experience designing digital ads
- Experience in branding
- Developing interactive prototypes
- Experience with Invision
All interested candidates please forward your resume & online portfolio to: email@example.com
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Media is an equal opportunity employer.