REPORTS TO: Managing Editor, Digital
DEPARTMENT: HELLO! Canada
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
St. Joseph Communications is the largest producer of magazines in Canada, with award-winning titles such as FASHION, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, HELLO! Canada, Flare, Toronto Life, Today’s Parent, Weddingbells, Mariage Québec, Where Canada Group of Magazines, Ottawa Magazine and Quill & Quire.
HELLO! Canada is seeking a talented Digital Editor rockstar to join our Toronto-based team. The successful candidate will report directly to the Managing Editor, Digital and is someone with a passion for all things royal, celebrity and style. They will create engaging, insightful content to delight a growing audience on our website and social media channels and should be as comfortable covering everything from TIFF and Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle’s style to reality television and Canadian stars. They will have an innate curiosity and natural nose for a story, along with the ability and passion to follow it through from idea to publication.
- Working with the Managing Editor, Digital and Social Editors to produce the very best content about celebrities and royals
- Demonstrating consistency and journalistic standards of transparency and accuracy across the HELLO! Canada online sphere
- Managing multiple daily deadlines
- Covering occasional industry events, such as TIFF
- Assisting with the achievement of annual advertising tentpole goals along with additional KPIs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism and/or equivalent writing/editing experience
- A minimum of 3 years of journalism experience, preferably working in an online environment
- Ability to work as part of a small but mighty editorial team in a large organization and meet multiple deadlines throughout the day
- Excellent writing, editing and copyediting skills, including a thorough knowledge of CP Style
- Experience using a CMS, knowledge of basic HTML and previous work with tools such as Photoshop
- Strong understanding of SEO and how to package high quality, top notch online content that is as highly shareable as it is discoverable
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Royal Family, celebrities and fashion/style trends
- Experience using social media platforms such as (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Experience using Adobe Premiere, Final Cut and/or other video editing software is an asset
- Understanding of content analytics and metrics tools such as Chartbeat, Adobe Omniture and Google Trends/Google Analytics is an asset
- Exceptional communication skills, time management, creativity, solid problem-solving skills and critical thinking, and the ability to be a team player
- Occasional weekend and evening work is required
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.