REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing and Monetization
DEPARTMENT: Audience Development – Digital Leadership
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Digital Marketing Channels (Audience) Specialist!
The Audience Development and Monetization Team within St. Joseph Communications is looking for a rock star Social Media Specialist. As part of an integrated planning and strategy team your focus will be around helping to create and manage an end-to-end social media marketing strategy and program across some of Canada’s most iconic publishing brands. In this capacity, your role will encompass all facets of managing the social media ecosystem, working alongside junior social editors. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Digital Marketing & Monetization, the ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of what it means to create meaningful connections that encourage audience development. You’ll ‘talk-the-talk’ when it comes to understanding the nuances of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and 3rd party solutions like CrowdTangle. You’ll possess a deep appreciation for data, analytics and a passion for teamwork, as you navigate through the highly-experienced cross-functional groups such as Editorial, Insights and Product.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Tune into culture—you’re tapped into what’s going on in the world and constantly thinking about how trends, cultural moments and technology are influencing people and their relationships with brands and how people’s use of social media is evolving over time.
- Develop and produce strategies and playbooks based on detailed knowledge of social media platforms and content.
- Lead the collaborative development of the social media editorial calendar.
- Execute paid and organic campaigns.
- Establish a governance model around roles, responsibilities, tools and workflows for social media.
- Establish social media KPIs and ensure proper measurements are in place.
- Develop and produce social media reports and analysis, deriving insights from social listening, platform metrics and editorial audits.
- Work closely with a social media editors: establish strategy and provide regular guidance.
A bit about who we are looking for:
- University or College Degree in Marketing, E-commerce or Online Media with a particular focus on audience development and communication planning/personalization
- 2-4 years of social media strategy experience working in a digital agency/marketing environment.
- Extensive knowledge in social media channels, best practices and how to operate on these platforms
- Experience managing both paid and organic social media campaigns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Previous experience in community management preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite and the proven ability to develop compelling presentations.
- Ability to actively participate in tactical oversight
- Deep familiarity with and appetite for social analytics and developing measurement and reporting.
- Understanding of SEO practices is an asset.
- Bilingualism in English/French is an asset.
So what’s in it for you
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.