REPORTS TO: Director – Content Operations
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC in the role of Digital Media Editor!
The Digital Media Editor is a critical role in the production and distribution of our publishing content. Serving as the team expert for everything related to images, the Digital Media Editor works closely with the magazine’s design team ensuring the images within our publications look their absolute best. The ideal candidate is not only a Photoshop expert, but also a great collaborator and is comfortable working under tight deadlines.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will
- Perform advanced image retouching at a professional level, including compositing of images, close cropping and colour correction
- Index, name and store images on multiple servers and platforms
- Preparing images for publication and digital work-flows, and verifying the quality of digital images
- Collaborate closely with Art and Editorial teams
And a bit about yourself?
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Able to perform professional-level photo retouching under tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat
- 3 – 5 years experience in a magazine publishing environment
- Working knowledge of file and image troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of printing processes and preflighting
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail and organization skills
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award peer-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
- Understand our customers’ evolving needs.
- Take the initiative and never stop learning.
- Build an open, team environment based on mutual respect.
- Embrace growth and change for our business.
- Contribute to our communities.
- Replenish the environment.
Please forward your resume to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.