REPORTS TO: Executive Editor, Branded Content
DEPARTMENT: Branded Content
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
St. Joseph Communications is the largest producer of magazines in Canada, with award-winning titles such as FASHION, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, HELLO! Canada, Flare, Toronto Life, Today’s Parent, Weddingbells, Mariage Québec, Where Canada Group of Magazines, Ottawa Magazine and Quill & Quire.
We are seeking a multi-platform content creator to execute branded content across brands such as Canadian Business, Chatelaine/Châtelaine, FLARE, HELLO! Canada, Maclean’s and Today’s Parent. Reporting to the Executive Editor, Branded Content, the ideal candidate is someone who can ideate and produce relevant, insightful and engaging content that meets editorial and advertiser objectives across all platforms, including print, digital, video and social media. We are looking for someone who understands what kinds of stories resonate with various target audiences and how best to package and promote those stories for maximum engagement.
- Liaise with internal editorial and sales teams to brainstorm best-in-class Branded Content ideas across multiple platforms (print, digital, social, broadcast, radio) and seeking appropriate approvals from pre-sale to execution
- Demonstrate consistency and journalistic standards of transparency and accuracy across Branded Content programs
- Recommend best content publishing/amplification techniques when responding to sales pitches and RFPs in a timely manner
- Work with a team of highly enthusiastic Branded Content editors, project managers, videographers and creative producers to execute multiple Branded Content programs on deadline across all brands
- Maintain database of outgoing pitches in pre-sale process and diligently track all ongoing programs, including revenue, production budget, deadlines, post-reports etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism and/or equivalent editing/writing/video storytelling experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years working in a writing or editing environment in media, agency, brand or equivalent
- Ability to work well as part of an editorial team within a large, fast-paced organization that includes various stakeholders; a true team player
- Experience with CMS, WordPress, metrics tools like Google Analytics or Adobe Omniture
- A strong competence in social media and SEO
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong network of editor and writer contacts
- Graphic design experience is an asset
- Available to work the occasional evening/weekend
- Ability to travel: Up to 10% of the time
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.