REPORTS TO: Electrical Supervisor
LOCATION: 50 Macintosh Blvd, Concord, Ontario
STATUS: Full time role with benefits
HOURS OF WORK: 12 hour rotating shifts (3 shifts per week, 7 p.m. or 7 a.m. start time); 15 % midnight shift premium
Electrical and Control Technician for all manufacturing and auxiliary equipment.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Electrical and Control technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, assessing, inspecting, adjusting and making repairs to a variety of electrical, and electronic, and control equipment, and instrumentation to the facilities, and equipment system.
- Carry out a variety of measurements including testing of electrical, control and protection equipment to recognized standards and procedures.
- Experienced in reading and interpreting wiring diagrams and demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills.
- Proven organizational skills, high work standards, strong technical abilities and personal accountability.
- Experienced in reading and interpreting measuring tools, graphs, and technical manuals.
- Ability to work at heights and confined spaces.
- Ability to operate equipment such as elevated work platforms.
- On call after hours when required
- Carry out maintenance tasks and routines that promote the longevity and safe operation of systems and equipment.
- Responsible for proper disposition of all parts, maintaining adequate inventory/equipment records for the department to include the reporting thereof
- Work closely with the Production Department
- Monitor equipment performance on a daily basis to minimize downtime
- Plan and install equipment as necessary
- Ensure all equipment meets or exceeds all safety standards
- Ensure that his/her workstation is kept safe, neat and clean at all times.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker.
- Refrain from removing or disabling any protective device.
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by and in accordance with all applicable Health, Safety and Environmental company policies and government legislation/regulations.
- Adhere to the Company’s Quality System operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Construction and maintenance license 309D
- Hands-on mechanical knowledge
- Experience in the printing industry an asset
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills
- PLC and computer skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
Please submit your résumé in confidence to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.