REPORTS TO: Director, Audience & Monetization
DEPARTMENT: Audience and Monetization/Events & Marketing
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Events & Conference Producer!
Want to know a bit about your new career?
The event and conference producer’s role is to deliver event experiences that build our brands, delight our audiences, and overachieve on client expectations; while also running smoothly and coming in on budget. The candidate will assist in the ideation and curation of new and long-standing events for valued and trusted brands such as Maclean’s, Today’s Parent, Chatelaine, FLARE, and Hello! Canada. The events portfolio includes a mix of conferences and social events that engage our loyal readers, with the aim of building a stronger community and positioning the brands as thought-leaders and community builders in their space.
The candidate is in charge of coordinating editorial line-up, assisting in the direction of conference topics and format, negotiating guest appearances, liaising with our internal logistics team to make the experience run smoothly and flawlessly, delivering on budget, and assisting in the creation of appropriate sponsorship opportunities. The individual is also likely to be expected to travel regularly to scout locations and meet with vendors for future events. This role will deliver on revenue growth via events, with a focus on building long-term loyalty and reader relevance across our premium brands.
What you bring:
- 7-10 years experience in event or conference production (or combined experience with events and content background)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written with the ability to relate to stakeholders at all levels: you will be the main point of contact for curating and negotiating senior speakers across a number of business sectors
- Excellent organization, prioritization, planning, communication, influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills
- Flexibility – must be available to work flexible hours which may include evenings/and or weekends during event executions. Willingness and ability to travel nationally is a must
- Proven competency with Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel, proven proficiency in budgeting
- Experience in media/content creation environment a strong asset
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine subscription program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional development opportunities
- Scholarship program
- Chairman’s Award program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com. Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.