REPORTS TO: Director, Branded Content, Audience and Events
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC in the role of Executive Editor, Branded Content!
SJC is looking for a seasoned editor to manage large cross-platform projects from conception to launch on behalf of our various clients and SJC editorial brands including Maclean’s, Chatelaine (English/French), Today’s Parent, HELLO! Canada, FLARE, and Canadian Business. Reporting to the Director of Branded Content, the executive editor will oversee print, digital, video and integrated sales projects, working across many departments to create innovative and on-brand content.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Liaise with Editor-in-Chiefs and sales representatives to brainstorm best-in-class content ideas and provide cost estimates
- Manage and execute Branded Content programs
- Maintain consistency and journalistic standards of transparency and accuracy across Branded Content programs
- Hone digital-first strategy across platforms and recommend best content publishing/amplification techniques
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to a team of Branded Content editors and project managers
- Read and interact with our content and social feeds to truly understand each brand’s voice and mandate
And a bit about yourself?
- 5+ years of editorial experience, must include digital (print, video and/or social a plus)
- 2+ years of management experience
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Client/Sales-facing experience an asset
- Experience with a CMS (preferably WordPress), metrics tools like Google Analytics
- Exceptional organizational and conflict resolution skills
- Strong network of editor and writer contacts
- French language skills a strong asset
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award peer-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.