REPORTS TO: Editor-in-Chief
DEPARTMENT: HELLO! Canada
STATUS: Full-Time (12-month Contract)
St. Joseph Communications really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions for our clients. St. Joseph Communications is the largest producer of magazines in Canada, with award-winning titles such as FASHION, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, Toronto Life, Weddingbells, Today’s Parent and HELLO! Canada.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Fashion and Beauty Editor, HELLO! Canada.
HELLO! Canada, the country’s #1 magazine on newsstands, is looking for an accomplished, creative, quick-thinking fashion & beauty editor to take charge of the magazine’s lifestyle pages. Ours is a high-profile, fast-moving weekly magazine and not for the faint of heart! You thrive on deadlines, trends, and pairing celebrity and royal looks with market pieces in the blink of an eye.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Oversee, assign, write, edit and source HELLO! Canada’s multi-page weekly Lifestyle section (Fashion/Shopping, Beauty, Interiors. Health & Fitness) in print (and contributing online features as needed)
- Represent the magazine at external events
- Help with fashion and beauty ad integrations/sponsorships when required
- Develop and manage freelancer relationships
- Maintain monthly fashion and beauty budget for HELLO! Canada
And a bit about yourself?
- A post-secondary degree
- Five years of relevant editorial experience, at a major media brand
- The ability to work independently and edit or write lively, crisp, clean copy on a dime
- A knowledge of and thirst for celebrity and royal style, day and night
- Strong drive and initiative
- Excellent time management skillsWorking knowledge of InCopy
- Willingness to embrace change with a positive, can-do attitude
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional development opportunities
- Scholarship Fund for associates’ children
- Chairman’s Award recognition program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.