REPORTS TO: Controller
DEPARTMENT: Finance Shared Services
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Finance Manager!
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for specific brands.
- Verify projects to ensure accurate revenue reporting, profit margins and expenses are recognized.
- Maintain general ledgers for multiple divisions including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Verify and approve accuracy of expense coding to general ledger and prepare necessary adjusting entries as needed.
- Support and participate in the annual budgeting process, quarterly forecasting and management reporting as required for related departments. Provide ad hoc analysis as requested by senior management.
- Assist Controller with monthly operating reporting package, various financial reports and other analytical uses.
- Handle general accounting duties.
- Provide communication and financial analysis support to senior management.
And a bit about yourself?
- 5-7 years of finance experience preferably in the media/publishing industry
- CPA designation
- Ability to work to multiple, tight deadliness
- Strong analytical, financial accounting and reporting skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
- Understand our customers’ evolving needs.
- Take the initiative and never stop learning.
- Build an open, team environment based on mutual respect.
- Embrace growth and change for our business.
- Contribute to our communities.
- Replenish the environment.
Please forward your resume to the email address: email@example.com and indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.