REPORTS TO: Editor-in-Chief, HELLO! Canada
STATUS: Full-Time, Permanent
St. Joseph Communications really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions for our clients.St. Joseph Communications is the largest producer of magazines in Canada, with award-winning titles such as FASHION, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, Toronto Life, Weddingbells, Today’s Parent and the Where Canada Group of Magazines.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Junior Editorial Assistant!
We are seeking a Junior Editorial Assistant, supporting a variety of editorial teams including HELLO! Canada. The right candidate is an excellent team player who is ambitious, has excellent oral communication skills, exceptional organizational and consumer service skills with strong attention to detail, and an ability to problem solve rapidly.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Work closing with the Editor in Chief (EIC) and senior members of the editorial teams to ensure editorial operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Manage Boardroom bookings and catering, organizing required meetings and follow-ups
- Calendar management for EIC staff
- Schedule freelance copyeditor’s and fact checker’s time in the office
- Complete purchase order creation and invoice tracking
- Cost the issue on a weekly basis, updating projected spend against budget
- Vet and handle editorial and external related queries
- Assist with onboarding for new staff e.g. computer set up, LAN ID’s and Security
- Complete monthly Amex card expense reconciliation
- Liaise with internal and external departments
- Complete light editorial assignments as requested
- Participate in planning and executing staff engagement and team volunteer events
And a bit about yourself
- Minimum of 2+ years of editorial/administrative experience, preferably at a lifestyle
or news publication
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, NetSuite and Google Suite
- Ability to persevere—and thrive—in a fast-paced and ever-changing media landscape
- Ability to function independently or in a team environment with excellent problem
solving and communication skills
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com. Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.