DIVISION: St. Joseph Communications, Content Group
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President, Content Strategy
LOCATION: 15 Benton Road, Toronto, Ontario
STATUS: Full Time
The successful candidate will be a confident visual designer, with a passion for developing new techniques and fresh ideas to provide clients with original solutions using video and animation. You must display a core design skill-set including: conceptualisation, storyboarding, animation and video editing. In this position, you will work directly with the Art Director – Motion Graphics Artist, ensuring the timely delivery of projects of the highest possible standard. The Motion Graphics Designer will be expected to use their experience and knowledge, of typography, colour theory, animation principles and layout, as well as assist in the selection of audio, video, iconography and other assets to design and create engaging motion graphic animation pieces.
- Work with Art Directors and Digital Producers to understand the project scope and objectives
- Partner with other interactive team members to brainstorm and create concepts, storyboards, motion design and audio mixing
- Meticulous attention to detail is required to ensure awareness and adherence to client image and brand guidelines, deadlines and design standards
- Processing, editing and post-production of video and images and colour correction
- Creating 2D and 3D animations for social media, company advertising and branding campaigns
- Proven skills of working with a singular brand across multiple touch points / campaigns
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure with extremely tight deadlines
- Continuously discover and implement new editing techniques and industry best practices to maximize efficiency and deliver best-in-class work
- Maintain current understanding of new/cutting edge software/technologies, plug-ins, tools, features, techniques, trends or styles in order to maintain an innovative offering of multimedia solutions.
- Incorporate sound, music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of digital files
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must provide a demo reel which indicates your contributions to each piece and clearly shows your skill levels
- A degree or certificate in Motion Design and/or 4-6 years of work experience in a digital agency or motion graphics studio environment
- Proficient with Adobe After Effects CC– primary motion design tool (with efficient workflow habits) – a strong sense of timing, movement and kinetic typography, post compositing and visual design are required, as well as knowledge of the built-in effects and experience with the standard 3rd party plugins such as those by Trapcode, Red Giant and Video Copilot. – writing and/or using expressions a bonus
- Utilize Adobe Photoshop and illustrator– comfortable with the layers panel, colour correction and retouching tools and have a good understanding of the use of Layer Comps are additional assets
- Familiar with export/render compression and codec settings
- Cinema 4D – Essentials: Animates well using Mograph objects and effectors with a good procedural workflow – strong with 3D camera animations –works well with animation timeline – materials and shaders, lighting and rendering. Nice-to haves: Xparticles, turbulenceFD, Realflow, Xpresso and Python
- Thrives in a team environment, with the ability to work independently
- Approachable, positive and innovative personality
- Passionate, Respectful, Proactive, Customer Focused, Innovative, Accountable
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Please inform Human Resources, should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process. St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
*No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your resume to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote “Motion Graphics Designer” in the subject line of your e-mail.