REPORTS TO: Manager, Bindery and Pressroom
LOCATION: Ottawa (Kenaston)
STATUS: Full Time Position
The Operations department is looking for a mechanically-inclined, energetic individual to fill an immediate opening for a full-time Press Feeder. The Press Feeder’s prime responsibility will be to meet client expectations by providing high quality printing products and service, in accordance with ISO 9002 guidelines. In addition, the press feeder will assist the First Press Operator in making all necessary adjustments for the operation of a Multicolour 40” Perfector Press while maintaining the operation of the equipment in an orderly fashion, meeting deadlines and minimizing waste. We require a team player with a keen sense of organization and a willingness to learn.
- Verify that the press has the required supplies available and properly prepare all equipment and materials for the next run;
- Assist the First Operator in make-ready and wash-up operations;
- Supply paper to the sheet fed press and ensure equipment is running efficiently;
- Monitor all feeding systems while continuously anticipating, identifying and reacting to potential problems in order to maintain production and quality during and after the print process;
- Ensure that the required documentation is on press samples after they are pulled and place them in the sample area;
- Remove printed sheets from the press delivery;
- Carry out preventative maintenance and minor repairs as needed;
- Actively take charge and assist in the housekeeping of the entire press area;
- Maintain safety standards, ISO and housekeeping at all times;
- Fulfill other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum high school diploma or general educational development (GED) certificate required;
- A minimum of three (3) years experience as a press feeder;
- Ability to work in a team environment and work closely with a team of supervisors;
- Capable of working with minimal or no supervision while maintaining the ability to meet production and quality targets;
- Excellent English (oral and written) skills. Ability to communicate in French considered to be an asset;
- Ability to secure and maintain a personnel security clearance through Public Works and Government Services Canada.
- Able to work 37.5 hours per week, with an availability for all shifts (days, evenings, overnight) and overtime.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks and be able to do medium to heavy work (lifting up to 50 lbs) frequently;
- Work on your feet on a concrete floor during the entire shift (walking and standing);
- Flexible to work variable shifts and excess hours to support operational requirements.
To be successful in this role, you have a demonstrated aptitude for working in an effective and professional manner, combined with a strong work ethic as reliability and dependability are key requirements for this position.
Interested candidates please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Press Feeder” in the subject line
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.