REPORTS TO: Director of Production
STATUS: Full-time, Contract
St. Joseph Communications is the largest producer of magazines in Canada, with award-winning titles such as FASHION, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, Toronto Life, Weddingbells, Mariage Québec, Where Canada Group of Magazines, Ottawa Magazine and Quill & Quire.
We are currently looking for an energetic Production Coordinator to assist with our various publications. The position requires a successful track record of managing advertisements for multiple magazine titles, meeting tight deadlines, providing good customer service to our advertising clients, and experience in PDF workflow.
- Coordinate and traffic all ad material; Call clients, enforce deadlines, check incoming ad material for size in SendMyAd ad portal, and troubleshoot any problems with clients
- Coordinate production of magazine with Production Manager
- Maintain and update ad records in the CRM Production database for each client ad
- Apply ad naming convention and place client PDF’s on Central Ad Server in appropriate issue folder
- Communicate with sales reps on ad closing dates as identified on the schedule, gather any missing information on ads, and share the new information with Production Manager
- Check supplied ad proof against final PDF file to ensure accuracy
- Handle small customer ad changes as required, communicate changes and obtain client approvals, and keep both sales rep and Production Manager informed of these changes
- Submit and prepare material for ads requiring design to Production Advertising Designer
- Monitor the design ads to ensure they are on track and obtain approvals from clients
- Print laser proofs of all advertising ads along with supplied edit proofs, and put together the magazine issue binder for Production Manager
The ideal candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design or related Publishing field
- 1-2 years of experience in magazine production
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop),
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), and other Mac design programs
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to work to multiple, tight deadlines
- Great attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written, with the ability to maintain calm in stressful situations
- Proven ability to work well independently, and as part of a team and with multi-functional business partners
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Media is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.