REPORTS TO: Manager, Editorial Production
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Production Editor!
The Production Editor is a key role, ensuring the efficient and timely production of a number of our publications. This role supports the editorial and art teams on a day-to-day basis as well as serving as a liaison between the content teams, sales and print production. The Production Editor is responsible for managing the structure and schedules of our publications, communicating changes as well as identifying and mitigating potential threats to deadlines and deliveries. This role also ensures that multiple publications are delivering their content – in both print and digital – to a wide variety of platforms and services, including web, mobile apps and Apple News.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Support editorial staff in the production of and distribution of editorial content on all platforms
- Ensure editorial and design workflows are on schedule to meet deadlines
- Communicate changes to flatplan and schedules to various teams
- Upload print pages to Virtual Publisher and ensure pages are sent to the printing plant on time
- Provide general support for Editorial teams during production
- Digitally archive print issues including creating watermarked issue PDFs
- Upload and publish digital editions for both standalone applications as well as Apple News editions
- Liaise with Branded Content team to ensure branded content editorial pages as well as mentions are correctly placed
And a bit about yourself?
- Basic knowledge of InDesign
- Ability to multitask, often in fast paced environment
- Basic knowledge of WordPress
- Proficiency with Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with editorial processes and with Canadian Press style would be an asset
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.