REPORTS TO: Production Planner – Direct Mail
LOCATION: 50 Macintosh Blvd., Concord, Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
DEADLINE: May 17, 2019
The Production Planner’s primary role is to represent the clients assigned to them within St Joseph Printing Ltd. This is ownership of programs from initiation once an RFQ is won, including but not limited to work back schedules, receipt and communication of instructions to all departments, approvals from clients as required, mailing as scheduled, invoicing and costing. Ongoing positive working relationships with clients would be expected to encourage growth in these existing accounts.
The position is based in Concord, Ontario. Occasional travel within the greater Toronto area will be required.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Representative of both client and internal stakeholders, ensuring smooth execution of programs
- Ensure documentation completed for Operations
- Manage external vendors completing work for programs with some support from Shipping and Operations. Ensure vendor has all samples, matrices and PO’s (based on quotes),
- Act as the liaison between client and operations (ongoing throughout programs)
- Attend daily production meeting and update/add details to Production Status Report (this continues as more information is provided by client).
- Responding to clients in a timely and professional manner, based on client and company expectations.
- Review all output prior to sending to clients for each step of the program
- Invoicing within three days of job completion.
- Makes telephone calls, emails, and in-person visits to customers.
- Understands most cost effective way to complete jobs based on company capabilities.
- Provide support for sales reps when clients request information either prior to program becoming live or as it becomes live.
- Review and/or create work back schedules in coordination with Operations.
- Schedule pre-production meeting to review overall program with Operations, Data and Composition.
- Where sequence number position or package direction/components is in question, review with Lettershop Supervisor for approval
- Ensure postage on hand prior to mailing
- Send Inventory reports to clients
- Keep up to date with Canada Post regulations
- Maintain safety standards, quality standards and housekeeping at all times.
- Perform any other duties or functions as requested by Management.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field of business (commerce, marketing, communication, etc.).
- Must possess 3 to 5 years relevant experience. Beneficial to have experience in direct mail and customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving; ability to determine solutions for customers
- Strong communications, analytical and computer skills are a requirement.
- Ability to define problems, collect and perform analysis of data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Projects a positive attitude with customers and co-workers.
- Good time management, multitasking and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite application
- Able to perform in a high pressure environment
- May be required to respond to internal situations during off hours
- Must be able to deal effectively and professionally in interacting with both the internal and external customers at all levels
- Must pass criminal and financial background check.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess a valid passport and be able to travel if required.
Please submit your résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarian’s with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you required accommodations during the recruitment and selection process please inform Human Resources.