REPORTS TO: Digital Operations Manager
STATUS: Full-Time, Permanent
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of QA Developer!
We are seeking a QA Developer whose responsibility it will be to analyze requirements, develop test plans, test, track, and report back on issues found during the development life cycle of our WordPress sites. This candidate will work alongside developers to guide and assist in delivering quality improvements to the websites as well as provide recommendations for improvement opportunities. The candidate will also work towards formalizing test processes by establishing test plan documents with teams as needed. The position requires someone who is focused, analytical and has the ability to keep both business and technical specifications in mind where quality is concerned. Experience with WordPress stack programming languages (PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL) strongly preferred.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Define and maintain test plans
- Test specifications for functional, regression and performance testing
- Verify builds for quality prior to deployment
- Implement and maintain automated test scripts
- Working closely with broader team, determine and mitigate risk at every stage of development
- Shape the overarching QA process, continuously implementing improvements, establishing best practices, and new testing workflows and methodologies
And a bit about yourself?
- Solid understanding of QA methodologies
- Extreme attention to detail
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging web-based software
- Experience with load, stress, and performance testing
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Good understanding of PHP back-end development on the WordPress CMS
- Good understanding of relational and non-relational databases (SQL and noSQL)
- Proficient understanding of bug tracking tools, namely JIRA, and code version control tools like Git
- At least 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Good time management skills; Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical problems
- Be a team player with demonstrated ability to work in cross functional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and resourcefulness
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine subscription program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional development opportunities
- Scholarship program
- Chairman’s Award program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.