REPORTS TO: Controller
DEPARTMENT:Finance Shared Services
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Senior Accountant!
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Monthly financial reporting of specific product lines.
- General accounting duties including preparing journal entries, reviewing accounts payable, and other general accounting functions.
- Maintain general ledgers for multiple divisions including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Verify and approve accuracy of expense coding to general ledger and prepare necessary adjusting entries as needed.
- Assist with building of quarterly forecasts and annual budget files for various product lines.
- Financial analysis and review of operating reports and variances
- Provide timely and accurate department and interdivisional financial reports
- Assist other accounting areas as required
- Special projects as assigned
A bit about who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, CPA (or working towards designation)
- 2+ years’ experience as an Accountant
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Ability to work with others as a team and independently
- Well-organized, attention to detail, and a high degree of accuracy
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
Please forward your resume to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Communications is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.