REPORTS TO: Editor-in-Chief, Chatelaine
DEPARTMENT: Editorial Lifestyle
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Senior Editor, Chatelaine!
Want to know a bit about your new career?
Chatelaine helps Canadian women lead more empowered lives by providing inspired solutions, thoughtful conversation and a sense of community. Our mission? To embrace the mess, imperfection and realness of life—and to have some fun along the way.
Chatelaine is seeking a Senior Editor to join our award-winning team, assigning and editing conversation-generating journalism across all of Chatelaine’s brand pillars, with a focus on food. The ideal candidate has a diverse roster of experienced and new-to-Chatelaine writers, is as passionate about weeknight meal planning as they are about women’s health and Canadian politics, and has a deep understanding of—and respect for—our 35-to-50-ish audience.
In this role you will:
- Conceptualize, assign and edit print and digital content across all of Chatelaine’s brand pillars: food, fashion, beauty, décor, health and features.
- Act as editorial lead on Chatelaine’s food content alongside our food director, editor-in-chief and creative director, including leading a significant print refresh in Q2 2020
- Raise Chatelaine’s profile as the #1 authority on food in Canada
- Conceptualize and execute sponsored content as required
- Collaborate with other SJC brands as required
- Mentor junior team members
A bit about who we are looking for:
- Five-plus years of editorial experience, including producing food-related content across print and digital
- A keen interest in and knowledge of Canadian and international food culture
- Excellent writing, editing and collaboration skills, as well as comfort with operating in a deadline-driven environment
- Proficiency in k4, Photoshop and social media analytics tools
- Ability to persevere—and thrive—in an ever-changing media landscape
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk program
- Magazine Subscription program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retailers
- Professional Development opportunities
- Scholarship program
- Chairman’s Award employee-recognition program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.