REPORTS TO: Director, Media Sales
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Content Labs
Strategic Content Labs is the custom content division of St. Joseph Media, Canada’s largest magazine publisher, with brands including award-winning titles such FASHION, Maclean’s, Chatelaine, Toronto Life, Weddingbells, Mariage Québec, Where Canada Group of Magazines, Ottawa Magazine and Quill & Quire.
SCL’s Media Sales team manages a variety of portfolios such as, CAA, Porter, British Airways, AAA and Can Geo that include traditional media, digital, social, experiential, ambient and more. We work in a fast paced environment that offers many opportunities to create bespoke programs with various touch points and distribution channels, making us unique and unmatched in our offering.
Reporting into the Director, Media Sales, we are looking for someone who can leverage contacts, both direct and in the agency world, as well as other channels to develop new business and exceed annual sales objectives. The Senior National Sales Executive will take the lead in servicing the increasing need that brands have to make meaningful real world connections with consumers. With a vast network including Canada, the USA and International, we need a person that is comfortable developing ideas and communicating with Tier One clients, while contributing to reaching team targets and successfully meeting individual targets.
The right candidate will be a hunter and will strategically prospect, foster partnerships and relationships with new and established clients to grow their territory and exceed client targets and objectives. The candidate must consistently provide excellent service to all stakeholders, as well as represent the client’s needs and goals within SCL to champion innovation, quality and effectiveness. They will have a strong understanding of media sales and planning for all platforms available within our network to leverage the most out of every campaign opportunity.
- Work towards achieving targets by actively selling within your territory and secure new media sales by creating and presenting media plans to new and existing clients
- Take full ownership and responsibility for assigned territory and budget, while continually looking for creative and innovative ways to create new opportunities
- Build great relationships with advertisers, providing status updates, end of campaign reports and after care
- Demonstrated success building strong client relationships with contacts at top-tier agencies and advertisers
- Partner with internal teams to build new programs relevant to territory with sales tools including presentations, kits, sponsorship outlines and contract strategy
Qualifications & Skill Requirements – The ideal candidate:
- Post-secondary education within Advertising, Media or a related field, and/or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with in-flight, out-of-home, automotive, luxury, and custom content is considered an asset
- Experience selling integrated marketing strategy and solutions including Print, Social, Digital, Experiential and Ambient, as well as implementation
- Experience creating written business cases, proposals, and marketing materials
- Experience working client-direct, Agency of Record (AOR’s), or with a production house
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from strategy to close with a track record of closing new business to meet revenue targets within assigned territory
- Proficient in Indesign, Powerpoint, and CRM software
- Polished presentation, communication, and listening skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Flexible, adaptable, and nimble attitude to excel in a fast changing and growing sales environment
- Able to work autonomously under minimal supervision
- Highly motivated self-starter driven by incentives and results
- Passion for media sales and a desire to keep up with the latest trends
All interested candidates please forward your resume to: email@example.com
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
St. Joseph Media is an equal opportunity employer.
St. Joseph Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.