DIVISION: St. Joseph Communications, Content Group
REPORTS TO: Creative Director
LOCATION: 15 Benton Road, Toronto, Ontario
We are a fast paced and growing studio looking for a Senior Package and Brand Designer to produce and oversee creative packaging and collateral solutions in response to our clients’ retail marketing needs. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of trends in retail brands and CPG package formats, graphic design layout and presentation techniques, and demonstrates strong grounding in inventive typography, colour applications, photography and illustration, particularly but not limited to trends in food presentation and merchandising. The candidate will have experience executing and presenting design solutions from conception to production in a collaborative environment. Experience working with digital specialists to contribute to supporting web and social media is an asset. The candidate will ensure the design team promotes our clients’ brands by delivering accurate, exciting, strategy-driven work, while respecting budgets and tight deadlines. Reporting to the Creative Director, the successful candidate will work in an open studio environment during regular business hours, collaborating with our other concept designers and with production artists, retouchers, photographers, project managers and account directors, as well as with outside illustrators, photographers, and stock agencies.
- Idea generation to portray concepts, products, and services
- Layout and composite photo layout development within assigned design projects, from conception through refinements to completion
- Refining images, fonts and layouts using primarily Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator software
- Designing original pieces, including development of typographic and icon solutions
- Managing and reviewing the work of assisting designers, production artists, and outside services to maintain brand integrity and consumer communications with clarity and impact
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout expansive brand programmes
- Working with account and studio teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Keeping current with consumer trends, industry developments, and tools
- Minimum 5 years proven work experience in a similar role
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Strong proficiency at minimum with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong aesthetic skills with a flair for combining colours, fonts and layouts
- Attention to visual and copy details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Degree or college diploma in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
- Knowledge of French as applied to bilingual communications is an asset
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Interested candidates please forward your resume and portfolio of work (attachment or link) to the Human Resources department at
Please quote “Senior Brand and Packaging Designer” in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.