REPORTS TO: Pressroom Manager
LOCATION: 119 Snow Blvd, Concord Ontario
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating shifts
RESUME DEADLINE: August 10th, 2018
Overview of Position:
The Feeder assists the Pressperson in the efficient running of the sheetfed presses.
Scope/ Overview of Position:
- Operate feeder on press at efficient levels
- Pile necessary paper to keep press running at speeds set by pressperson
- Assist in the unloading of printed sheets and if necessary, to re-pile paper from dollies on skids
- Assist in maintaining the press (keeping press clean and floor area clean and press properly oiled and greased).
- Assist in washing up press, changing blankets and keeping damp (water fountains) at proper levels.
- Properly record Use of Stock Issued and fill in all Return to Stock tags (Yellow colour).
- Ensure that his/her workstation is kept safe, neat and clean at all times.
- Use or wear any equipment, protective devices or clothing required by the company;
- Report any defect in any equipment or protective device e.g. PPE, machine guarding which may be hazardous to either themselves or another worker.
- Refrain from removing or disabling any protective device.
- Only operate equipment on which they have been trained and authorized.
- Report any injury, illness or hazardous condition/act immediately to their supervisor or manager.
- Participate in all required health and safety training
Qualifications, Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Grade 12, high school certificate
- Minimum two years experience working on a sheetfed press
- Heidelberg Cutstar press experience an asset
- Good oral, reading and written communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Willingness to learn; and ability to follow instructions
Please submit your résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants but only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.