REPORTS TO: Deputy Editor
DEPARTMENT: Editorial Lifestyle
STATUS: Full-Time, Permanent
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations. Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us at SJC Content in the role of Social Media Editor, Today’s Parent and Chatelaine
Today’s Parent and Chatelaine are seeking a Social Media Editor to extend our brands across multiple social platforms, engaging with readers directly as the voice of the brand. The ideal candidate will have a knack for writing in brand voice, a love of strategy and experimentation, and a strong visual sense. This candidate should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and be comfortable juggling multiple priorities.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Develop and oversee a high-level social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and emerging platforms as necessary
- Manage, create and curate content across social platforms, with an emphasis on Instagram and Facebook
- Grow followers and expand audience reach
- Experiment with social-only editorial series, Facebook groups, and emerging platforms
- Liaise with editors to stay up to date on content
- Work with branded content team on executing social components of sponsored social media content and campaigns
- Engage with followers through comments and direct messages
- Share content from other brands
- Track metrics and creating regular reports
- Pass along compelling reader comments for inclusion on letters page in print magazine
- Opportunity to occasionally write content if desired
And a bit about yourself?
- 3–5+ years of social media management experience, preferably at a lifestyle or news publication or creative agency
- Proficiency in WordPress, Photoshop, and social media analytics tools
- Keen interest in and knowledge of parenting, fashion, beauty, pop culture and current events
- Excellent writing and editing skills a bonus
- Ability to persevere—and thrive—in an ever-changing media landscape
So, what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.