Social Media Editor
REPORTS TO: Editor-in-Chief, FASHION Magazine
DEPARTMENT: FASHION Editorial
STATUS: Temporary Full-Time (6-month contract with the potential to extend)
POSTING DATE: August 29, 2017
St. Joseph Media is Canada’s third largest magazine publisher with brands including award-winning titles such as Toronto Life, Torontolife.com, FASHION, fashionmagazine.com, WeddingBells, weddingbells.ca, Canadianfamily.ca, Mariage Quebec, WHERE Canada magazines, Quill & Quire and quillandquire.com.
FASHION Magazine is looking for an experienced social media editor to oversee operations of all social feeds, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and Pinterest. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for women’s media, and be able to strategize in the rapidly changing landscape of digital media. Experience as a social media editor and deep familiarity with the FASHION brand is a must.
- Ensure that FASHION’s feeds (@fashioncanada) are optimized for highest possible traffic and engagement at all times, including coordinating coverage during holidays and off-hours events (e.g. awards shows) as needed
- Pitch and execute FASHION projects that help further the brand’s goals and build buzz, including events and social initiatives that maintain FASHION’s position as a leading Canadian fashion, beauty and lifestyle brand
- Work closely with editors to build social plans around editorial initiatives (including both digital-only edit packages and print initiatives) and brainstorm social-optimized headlines for daily content
- Oversee FASHION’s Instagram account, managing daily posts and working closely with the art team to ensure all posts meet the brand’s aesthetic, with a priority on increasingly traffic and sales opportunities
- Work closely with the art and editorial teams to increase social video views, develop new video series, and monetize video content
- Collaborate with the sales team as needed, to develop new advertiser-friendly social franchises
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least three years experience in digital media, including experience managing a publication’s social media presence
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Receptive to feedback
- Enjoys collaborating with others
- Ability to adjust strategy quickly
St. Joseph Media is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Interested candidates please forward your resume and portfolio to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote "Social Media Editor" in the subject line of your e-mail.
St. Joseph Communications is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.