POSITION: REPORTS TO: Editor-in-Chief
STATUS: Full-Time, Permanent
St. Joseph Communications (SJC) really comes down to one thing: 1,000 awesome associates focused on providing solutions that go “beyond content” and beyond our clients’ expectations.
Whether the channel is mobile, online, print, bricks-and-mortar, or all of the above, SJC creates integrated marketing solutions that deliver a seamless brand experience. SJC also publishes some of Canada’s most iconic media brands, including Chatelaine, FASHION, FLARE, Maclean’s, Today’s Parent and Toronto Life.
SJC has been named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 16 consecutive years with distinction as a Platinum member.
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, innovative, and solution-focused team? Then come join us in the role of Social Media and Engagement Editor, FLARE!
We are seeking a Social Media and Engagement Editor for FLARE, the Canadian millennial’s guide to pop culture, current events, feminism, fashion and beauty. We’re looking for a collaborative worker who is excited to contribute to FLARE’s mandate of creating and sharing smart, funny, inclusive, clickable content that resonates with our vast and varied demographic of young people who are tuned in and keyed up about the issues that matter.
The right candidate is an ambitious, analytical thinker who thrives in a daily news environment, is obsessed with social media strategy, and gets excited about everything from what’s happening in Canadian politics to the latest episode of The Bachelor. They possess a track record of growing audiences, and are up to date with the latest social engagement best practices.
Want to know a bit about your new career? In this role you will:
- Develop and oversee a high-level social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and emerging platforms as necessary
- Manage FLARE’s daily newsletter
- Stay abreast of topics and stories that interest our readers, and pitching social media executions when applicable
- Analyze social metrics and adapting strategies accordingly
- Create a weekly social media report
- Contribute ideas in story meetings and writing daily news stories when possible
- Work with our audience development team to identify SEO keywords and content gaps
- Work with the managing editor and EIC to strategize on social roll out of major content packages throughout the year
- Attend and represent FLARE at industry events
And a bit about yourself?
- 3–5+ years of social media management experience, preferably at a lifestyle or news publication or creative agency
- Proficiency in WordPress, Photoshop, and social media analytics tools
- Keen interest in and knowledge of fashion, beauty, pop culture and current events
- Excellent writing and editing skills a bonus
- Ability to persevere—and thrive—in an ever-changing media landscape
So what’s in it for you?
- Group Benefits
- 50% discount to GoodLife Fitness
- Perkopolis Perk Program
- Magazine Subscription Program
- Employee pricing at major brands and retail
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Scholarship Program
- Chairman’s Award Program
- TD Home and Auto preferred Insurance program
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. *No Agencies Please*
Interested candidates please forward your cover letter and resume to the Human Resources department at email@example.com.
Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
SJC is an equal opportunity employer. SJC is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.